Before you leave care, you will be allocated a Leaving Care Personal Adviser. Your adviser will liaise with the Council to determine the best type of accommodation for you. 

It is their job to get you all the support you are entitled to, as well as helping you access housing suitable for your needs.

They will also ask you to consider:

  • where you want to live
  • your plans for work, education or training
  • what kind of financial support you will need

You will be given a pathway plan. This sets out clear goals for your development. This will be reviewed every six months, or whenever there is a big change in your life.

You will have a personal adviser and pathway plan support until you are 25.