Private sector housing

I want to report an on-going issue with my privately rented property which my landlord has not dealt with

If you have an issue with your privately rented property you should first take it up with your landlord, allowing them to deal with the problem before contacting the Council. If your rented property is owned by a Social registered landlord such as a Housing Association, you should report the matter to them. If they still do not deal with the matter you should continue their complaints procedure up to the Ombudsman stage.

If you still cannot resolve the problem, you can contact the Council by completing the online form below. You will need to provide:

  • your contact details
  • the name of your landlord
  • details of the issue
  • any photographs you have of the issue

Report an issue