Apply for a skip licence

Information for residents

Permission should be sought to place a skip on the highway.

  • Permission will normally only be granted for skips to be sited on the carriageway rather than the footway or verge unless exceptional circumstances apply
  • Residents do not need to apply for a skip licence if the skip is going to be placed on private land
  • It is illegal to place a skip on the highway without permission

When you contact the skip company, they should inform the Council and apply for the licence.  The Council should be given at least five working days’ notice prior to the required delivery date of the skip.