Complain about a high hedge

What you can do

You can complain to the Council about a high hedge if it is adversely affecting the reasonable enjoyment or use of your property. However, before you do, you must take reasonable steps to resolve the problem yourself. The Council may not investigate your complaint if you have not done so.

Before making a complaint, you should read:

To make a formal complaint you must:

  • complete the complaint form, together with any required supporting documents
  • provide evidence you have informed the owner of the hedge that failure to agree a solution between yourselves would lead to a complaint being made to the Council
  • send a copy of the complaint form to the owner of the hedge at the same time you send it to the Council

Complain about a high hedge