Informal advice (Duty Planner)
Please note: All planning appointments, discussions and meetings are held via telephone.
If you have a planning query which you wish to discuss with the Council, you can book an appointment through the Duty Planner service, by completing the form below.
The Council encourages all applicants to discuss proposals before submitting a planning application. Your application is more likely to succeed if you speak to the Council and accept our recommendations, before submission.
This service is provided for householders and small businesses. The Council will explain:
- the planning process
- what information is needed to ensure your application is accepted
- and identify areas of the application you may need to change in order to be successful
Professionals and large companies, please follow the pre-application process.
Duty Planner appointments are available:
- Monday and Thursday
- from 9am to 1pm
- in 10 minute slots
Please book up to two weeks in advance.
Planning Officers will not be able to provide:
- specific information on submitted applications
- answers to queries on ongoing enforcement cases
- a written statement from the Council
- a guarantee of the outcome of your application
You can also amend or cancel your appointment through this online service.