I need help to pay my Council Tax

Apply for Council Tax Support

If you are on low income and live in the Borough of Broxbourne you can apply to the Council for support to help you pay your Council Tax. You can request a paper copy of the Council Tax support application form be sent to you below.  Alternatively you can download the application form.

Request a paper copy of Council Tax support application form.

Council Tax support is:

  • restricted to 75% of your liability - this means that everyone has to pay a minimum of 25% of their bill
  • limited to a band E property - if your property is in band F, G or H, Council Tax support will be limited to 75% of the charge for a band E property

You can use the calculator as a guide to check if you eligible for benefits and support.

You can read the full regulations for more information.

Help paying your council tax

If you need help paying your Council Tax you should use the Council's online form to let them know as soon as possible. You should do this using the button below.

I need help paying my Council Tax

Submit supporting evidence

You should submit supporting evidence for your Council Tax support application by using the online form below. You can also submit a copy of your application using this form.

You can submit:

  • scanned images or photographs (jpeg, gif, png)
  • documents (doc, docx, pdf, xls, txt)

The maximum file size is 24MB and the maximum number of uploads per form is 30. You cannot upload a ZIP file.

Only use this form if you have an existing Council Tax support application, or you want to submit your paper application form as a scanned image or photograph.

Submit supporting evidence for your Council Tax support application.

Further information on the Council's E Claim Directive.