I would like my bulky waste collected

What you can do

The Council's bulky waste collection service

The Council offers a bulky waste collection service for items such as:

  • furniture
  • mattresses
  • white goods
  • electrical goods

This service does not cover house, garden or garage clearances.

Larger household items (bulky waste) can also be taken free of charge to the Household Waste and Recycling Centres at Brookfield, Turnford, or at Pindar Road, Hoddesdon. You can go to Hertforshire County Council's website for recycling centre opening times and what can be recycled.

If the item you wish to dispose of is in a good condition and could be reused by someone else, consider donating it to a reuse organisation or a charity shop.

You can also try reuse internet sites (FreecycleFreegle, Freely Wheely) where you list your item and if someone wants it they contact you.

Businesses should follow the guidance for commercial waste services.