Register for business rates
You must register for business rates if you have:
- moved your business to the Borough of Broxbourne
- started a new business in the Borough of Broxbourne
The Council will notify you of your registration within 10 working days and send you a business rates bill where you will receive your business rates account number.
Once you have registered, you can then apply for the business rate relief for which you are eligible (see the sections at the top of this page). You do not need your business rates account number at this point. You can register using the online form at the bottom of this page. You will need to provide:
- your contact details
- your company registration details
- details about the business and your role
- the business address and the address for correspondence
If you are a tenant you will need to provide a copy of your lease or contract. If you are the owner you will need to provide documentation that confirms your ownership or liability for the property, such as a copy of your land registry or a copy of the sale agreement.