What is not covered by the complaints process?
The Council cannot investigate a complaint that:
- relates to matters for which there is a statutory right of appeal, for example: an appeal to a council tax tribunal, an ongoing Housing Review decision, or a planning decision
- relates to a matter outside the Council’s jurisdiction
- is under the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act
- has associated legal proceedings, or court or tribunal actions pending
- relates to matters subject to an insurance claim relates to matters subject to an insurance claim
- is submitted anonymously