Report an issue with a tree

Trees on private land

If there is a problem with a tree on privately owned land, you should contact the landowner to resolve the issue. Before taking any action, find out how you can deal with tree disputes with neighbours.  

The Council only gets involved if a tree is protected by a Tree Preservation Order or sits within a conservation area. Carrying out work to these trees without the Council’s permission is an offence which can result in a fine.