Apply for animal activity licences

Boarding for cats or dogs

You will need a licence if you provide accommodation for other people’s animals as a business. This includes running a boarding kennel or cattery, boarding dogs in your own home or for day care. 

Licences are valid for a period of one to three years. All premises require an inspection from the Council before a licence is granted. 

The full licensing requirements can be found here:

Apply for animal boarding licence