Apply for animal activity licences

Keeping or training animals for exhibition

Keeping or training animals for exhibition 

You will need a licence to keep or train animals for exhibition. This is if the animals are: 

  • exhibited for educational or entertainment purposes, such as in schools or parties 
  • used in TV, film or theatre production 
  • exhibited in a circus 

Licences are valid for a period of one to three years. All premises require an inspection from the Council before a licence is granted. 

The full licensing conditions are set out in the government’s guidance notes for keeping or training animals for exhibition.  

Apply to keep or train animals for exhibition