Apply for animal activity licences

Hiring out horses

You will need a licence if you hire out horses for riding or riding lessons. 

Licences are valid for a period of one to three years. All premises will require an inspection from the Council and a qualified vet before a licence can be granted. Each site will then require an annual vet inspection. 

The full licencing conditions are set out in the government’s guidance notes for hiring out horses

Apply for a licence to hire out horses